This article, written by the IT Services Director at San Diego State University, explains the 10 following tips for technology integration:
1) Move quickly, before preferences are staked out.
2) Make the selection process inclusive of students, faculty, and staff.
3) Do the product research.
4) Save time by skipping the pilot if you can.
5) Get creative to gather feedback.
6) Take your input to the vendor.
7) Remember past integration issues.
8) Keep the initial adopters small.
9) Be ready to transition support when you reach a tipping point in adoption.
10) Remember your goal.